Monitoring and controlling invasive species that have already become established in Britain is crucial. However, we must also always be aware of new, potentially invasive species that may be ‘on the horizon’. Be aware of the possibility of encountering the following species and follow the recording advice given on this page.
- Quagga mussel (Dreissena bugensis rostriformis)
- Asian hornet (Vespa velutina)
- Killer shrimps (Dikerogammarus villosus and D. haemobaphes)
- Water primrose (Ludwigia grandiflora)
- Carpet sea-squirt (Didemnum vexillum)
Some browsers or devices may not display this table correctly. If so, scroll to the bottom of this page for a simple list of species names.